The Delphi Acquisition and Preprocessing project (node1) aims at improved data acquisition geometries as well as new preprocessing concepts for land and marine seismic data.
The acquisition and preprocessing project (A&P) contains the following interrelated research topics:
• interactive design for optimum acquisition geometries , including the effect of blending and the extra illumination
properties of the multiples;
• the concept of dispersed source arrays (DSA's);
• deblending technology for separating overlapping shot records;
• analyzing the effect of ghosts on realistic sea states;
• source and receiver deghosting, by considering the proper wave theory and realistic sea states;
• solving the complex near-surface problem via integrated full wavefield imaging and velocity estimation
technology (i.e. Joint Migration Inversion).